Terms & Conditions
1. AA Gas & Plumbing will carry out any works necessary using gas safe engineers to complete the works described in your quotation / specification / email is subject to the acceptance of the terms and conditions detailed below.
2. Quotes are valid for 30 days. If a quote has been issued the price specified does not include the cost of removing or disposing of any dangerous waste materials such as asbestos or other waste material such as hot water cylinders, boilers, pipe work, insulation, packaging, etc.
3. VAT will be added to all charges. Payment is required for all diagnosis work carried out. A minimum of one hour will be charged on all breakdown / fault finding jobs attended, thereafter charges will be calculated in 30 minute increments (see pricing page / any parts used are charged additionally). This minimum charge and incremental charge also includes faults diagnosed but not rectified due to parts being required which are not in van stock and /or no authorisation being given from the client to carry out repair works and / or parts needed for repair works not being available from a supplier.
If after diagnosis is complete parts are required and a return visit is needed to rectify the problem, a quote will be provided detailing the cost of parts and the installation charge. If parts are required which are in the van stock, the engineer will provide the client with the cost of the parts and installation prior to commencing repair works.
For items required that are not carried as standard van stock, a £50 plus VAT collection fee will be applied.
Fixed price and installation services may require advanced payment prior to work commencement.
A deposit of one half of the value of the works may be required before work commencement.
Deposits are non-refundable, upon purchase of parts / materials.
Payment is due for all fixed price services, fault diagnosing services, repair works and installation services provided by AA Gas & Plumbing immediately upon completion of works via cash, debit card, BACS payment or by another method of payment agreed in writing (between AA Gas & Plumbing & the client) prior to work commencement.
4. The time estimate provided for the completion of installation work is our best estimate of the likely time scales prior to the commencement of the installation.
5. Any additional works needed (including those variations that become apparent before or once work has commenced) will incur an additional cost according to appliance and/or installation type, and will be agreed with the client before these variations are carried out.
6. Works will take place during normal working hours or as agreed between AA Gas & Plumbing and you (the client).
7. A workmanship guarantee is provided on all labour carried out by AA Gas & Plumbing. All warranty work will be carried out during hours agreed between AA Gas & Plumbing and the client. The client will be charged for parts / materials required to carry out any warranty work.
8. Where AA Gas & Plumbing needs to connect new equipment to your existing central heating system, AA Gas & Plumbing shall not be held liable for any breakdown or poor performance of/or any damage caused to the existing system as a result of faulty pipe work or some other defect or malfunction of your existing central heating system.
9. AA Gas & Plumbing shall not have any liability for any failure to perform its obligations under this quotation if they are prevented from doing so by reasons reasonably beyond their control, including unforeseen circumstance such as industrial disputes, strikes, fire, power cuts, accidents, or problems with the fabric of the building including the roof.
10. AA Gas & Plumbing shall not have any liability for any indirect, special or consequential damage or loss, including loss of profit, excluding death or personal injury.
11. AA Gas & Plumbing will not be held liable for the cost of refitting floor coverings of any type (to a professional standard), which have been removed.
12. Damages to any types of flooring (e.g. linoleum, tongue and groove parquet, hardwood, rubber or tiled floors) caused during the installation will be rectified, subject to an extra charge according to the type of flooring and labour cost required to replace the floor or floor covering.
13. AA Gas & Plumbing cannot accept liability for any costs, losses or expense of whatever nature, incurred by the client or any third party as a result of any delays.
14. The total liability of AA Gas & Plumbing under this agreement shall not exceed the total monies received by AA Gas & Plumbing from the client under this contract.
15. After 14 days unpaid or partly paid invoices will incur a charged of 10% of the outstanding cost of the invoice, which will be added to the clients invoice for each week the invoice remains unpaid.
16. You (the client) are liable for all recovery costs in the event of non-payment.